frisco
October 20th, 2003, 18:12
Got my 3.4 cd set today, but no stickers! According to http://www.openbsd.org/items.html#34 there should be stickers, "As always", so i guess i got a bum set. Someone care to scan in the stickers for my viewing pleasure?

bsdjunkie
October 20th, 2003, 18:24
Doh, that sucks... Thats why I buy the cd set. Else i always follow -current, so theres no point to buy it without those =)

soup4you2
October 20th, 2003, 19:05
still waiting on my t-shirt..

soup4you2
October 20th, 2003, 20:13
oh yea.. i'm also still waiting on the 3.3 cd set i ordered since it was released.. basterds.. i love the project but i'll be dammed if i'm going to order from them again. so much for supporting bsd.. they dont want my support.

marco_peereboom
October 21st, 2003, 09:36
I got my 3.4 CD set including stickers on Saturday.

molotov
October 21st, 2003, 12:25
General experiences with 3.4 so far? Hows the binary conversion going?

marco_peereboom
October 21st, 2003, 12:56
I keep up with the source changes so I have been using 3.4 since the moment it was renamed from 3.3. 3.4 kicks ass that is why I upgraded my firewall even though it was a lot of work.

I love 3.4 on sparc though; I am contemplating replacing my ppro200 for an ultra5 box.

elmore
October 21st, 2003, 13:40
I I by my CD set for the stickers I mean errr.... to support the cause. I haven't gotten my 3.4 set yet though I always get mine a few days after most people seem to get theirs. Don't know why that is. If we can get StaiK76 back on the boards he could probably pick some up for you. He lives two blocks away from Theo and knows him, I think he's even had beers with him though I'm not positive on that. Anyways he's gone and gotten stickers before and it's been no big deal. ;)

Vile
October 21st, 2003, 14:53
I agree with ya Elmore... for the stickers... err supporting the cause. I got the stickers all over my monitors and cases. Buying CDs makes me feel special.

frisco
October 21st, 2003, 18:21
oh yea.. i'm also still waiting on the 3.3 cd set i ordered since it was released.. basterds.. i love the project but i'll be dammed if i'm going to order from them again. so much for supporting bsd.. they dont want my support.

Have you tried emailing the vendor about this? If you bought it from the calgary shop, i think it's Austin-someone?

soup4you2
October 21st, 2003, 18:28
[quote:f7f08ed675="soup4you2"]oh yea.. i'm also still waiting on the 3.3 cd set i ordered since it was released.. basterds.. i love the project but i'll be dammed if i'm going to order from them again. so much for supporting bsd.. they dont want my support.

Have you tried emailing the vendor about this? If you bought it from the calgary shop, i think it's Austin-someone?[/quote:f7f08ed675]

ya i emailed austin only to get a FAQ in return.. they never charged me for it so no biggie.. i did actually get my shirt today :)

perhaps i'll order 3.4 cd set instead of the 3.3 now..

cod3fr3ak
October 21st, 2003, 21:34
Sniff... :cry: I haven't got mine yet.... :cry:

Former Member
October 22nd, 2003, 08:22
I recieved mine today, they've done a good job with the set, stickers are freakin cool..
/me slaps one on the screen

On another note, my account bounced the payment, they still sent the set with a note asking me to wire an account in belgium with the required amount, with this in mind, I can't see the obsd operation being at fault for soup's missing set.

they've made a very happy, supporting customer outta me :)

marco_peereboom
October 22nd, 2003, 11:03
I have always received everything I ordered without problems (I bought just about every shirt and all releases since 3.0). I am only waiting for the 3.1 poster (which was the absolute coolest!) that I ordered at the same time as I ordered the 3.4 CD set.

ealwen
October 22nd, 2003, 11:21
I just use OpenBSD for a firewall/router, and after looking at the openbsd page there doesn't seem to be any new issues since I installed. Anyone have an opinion on whether I should upgrade the pc to 3.4 when it is available? Or would 3.3 be alright for a while?

marco_peereboom
October 22nd, 2003, 22:57
As long as you got all the patches installed you should be fine for a while. Make sure you keep track of those and you can use the system for years to come :-)

I upgraded because I wanted to use spamd.

/marco