tarballed
October 21st, 2003, 15:27
Hello everyone. Back in town after a few days of being gone.
Well, i've finally been given the green light to roll out my mail server and mail gateway.

I've gone over my setups as well as test both of them and they both appear to be working correctly.

However, i'd like to get some feedback from other Mail Administrators and people in general on other things I should look out for and test for.
All comments are welcome and greatly appreciated.

For instance, i've been using the smtp-source postfix tools to stress test my mail gateway a bit and it seems to beworking well.
However, i'd like to test the server a bit more, but from the outside world. I can log into my yahoo account and send emails one by one, but is there another way to stress test the server a bit?

Also, what are some suggestions about backing up mail servers and such? Obviously configs are going to be backed up, but what other things should I look out for?

Lastly, if someone would be interested in testing my mail gateway for me, by sending emails from outside, feel free to contact me via PM and I will give you the information needed to test the server.

I appreciate everyones help and I look forward to some feedback.

Cheers,

Tarballed

bsdjunkie
October 21st, 2003, 16:05
Moved to Mail server forum =)

tarballed
October 21st, 2003, 16:08
Oops. :oops:

My bad.

Tarballed

soup4you2
October 21st, 2003, 16:15
do a google search for email bombers and bomb yourself.. there's a good test.