dsantamassino
January 4th, 2004, 17:29
Hey guys, I need some help as soon as possible and i really hope that u guys knows alot about DVD Players and is an expert.

Some how i changed the setting on my remote for my DVD Player and i guess set it in Progression mode which my TV can't handle it. Does anyone know how to change a Samsung DVD Player from Progression scan to Interlaced without calling anyone, without having it reprogrammed or anything?? Or can someone tell me how to reset the settings?? I unplugged my Player last night and plugged it in today and the settings didn't take affect. I also called Samsung. I told them i have my DVD Player hooked to my VCR and they said hook it to my TV so i told them they i have no jacks in the back of TV so they told me to purchase a FS modulator. I don't have the money for that. The model number on my DVD Player is DVD-P231. Please reply back as soon as possible. Thanx guys.

NullSpin
January 4th, 2004, 23:13
http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/200304/20030417160005390_E230xacENG.pdf

Page 11, switch on the back of machine. Next to componetnt video should be toggled down.

How bored am I?

Here's another question. I have an ethernet bridge d-link dwl-810. I'm wondering if I can use my old linksys 11b router to connect that bridge via the wan port to share that bridged connection on the wired 4 ports. I would turn the wireless off. Leave nat\dhcp enabled i''m thinking it may work.
Any one else?
Thanks
NS

dsantamassino
January 4th, 2004, 23:55
First off, I did not see anything about progression scan on page 11. Second if i didn't see it then how the hell do u want me to fix my DVD Player?? I didn't even see on that page what u told me about the switch. Please reply back.

optyk
January 5th, 2004, 01:04
Perhaps you would find more helpful advice at a 'How do I use my DVD player' forum rather than at a *BSD unix forum. Just a thought...

Kernel_Killer
January 5th, 2004, 01:06
NullSpin: I don't see why not. It might be a bit of tweaking since network devices like that don't support things like that. I had a dual D-Link setup ,and it was one PITA.

Never had a chance to ask. Is that an E Gorey pic?

Strog
January 5th, 2004, 01:09
dsantamassino:

This isn't really ontopic. There are several forums out there that cater to electronics equipment. This is a friendly board and you need to be more polite if you are going to continue to post here. I did see the settings on page 11 myself so I'm not sure why you want to be rude to NullSpin.

This thread is locked and further posts won't be allowed. This is offtopic and going downhill fast. 8)