NullSpin
February 26th, 2004, 22:17
Just wanted to see if anyone else installed fbsd from scratch then during the install of fluxbox got the error:

/usr/include/unistd.h:141:2: invalid preprocessing directive #d0fine

Looks like the install is for fluxbox 0.1.14 . The Stop error then cascades through the work directory in fluxbox. I got this error on two seperate but fairly identical boxes. Different memory sizes same machines.
Googled the #d0fine didn't see anything.
I was really looking forward to playing with fluxbox again. Ain't it always the case, the one port you want to play with is broken. I already ran an update on ports so thats not the answer.
ns

NullSpin
February 26th, 2004, 22:53
hmmm...I configured XF86Config.....loaded the new kde to see how it looked. Went back to the fluxbox port did a make install clean (again) and it compiled normally. The unix gods smile on me tonight.
Or is that unix-like gods?
ns

socomm
February 27th, 2004, 11:20
/usr/include/unistd.h:141:2: invalid preprocessing directive #d0fine

Looks like a typo, should have been #define not #d0fine. :lol:

Find out more here (http://www.phim.unibe.ch/comp_doc/c_manual/C/SYNTAX/preprocessors.html)

Preprocessor commands are executed before the compiler compiles the source code. These commands will change the original code usually to suit the operating environment and/or to add code that will be required by calls to library functions. Preprocessors are recognised by the leading # in their names.

Preprocessors
#include Insert a source file.
#define Define a preprocessor constant.
#if Branch based on an expression.
#ifdef Branch if preprocessor constant has been defined?
#ifndef Branch is a preprocessor constant has NOT been defined.
#line Specify the number of the next source line.
#undef Remove a preprocessor constant.
#pragma Perform an implementation dependent action???
#else Executed if #if #ifdef or #ifndef fails.
#error Write an error message.
#elif Executed when an #if fails.
#endif Close #if #ifdef or #ifndef