NullSpin
March 2nd, 2004, 17:47
I looked in the net ports and the bsd-airtools directory had only a readme saying that it was now bsd-airtools-0.3. Of course I did not see that anywhere in net.
Is it included with standard install on 5.2.1 release?
Thanks
ns

Kernel_Killer
March 2nd, 2004, 18:06
You might try CVSuping the ports first, or checking security/.

NullSpin
March 2nd, 2004, 19:57
I forgot to mention that I had cvsuped.
I checked over on bsdforums and it looks like it was pulled out of the ports on 2/28. If you got to www.freebsd.org/ports and go to download it. It is still an empty file.
I googled for it and found the package at a sunsite in belgium and an ftp site in taiwan. Here is the tawain ftp.

http://ftp11.tw.freebsd.org/FreeBSD/ports/packages/net/

I will try to add and see if it's all broken.
ns

ealwen
March 3rd, 2004, 02:49
# pkg_add -r bsd-airtools-0.3

Maybe that will pull it down?

NullSpin
March 3rd, 2004, 08:20
Thanks for the suggestion E, I gave it a shot and I got Error: FTP Unable to get ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-5.2.1-release/Latest/bsd-air-tools=03.tbz: File unvavailable. (e.g., file not found, no acces)

Pkg_add: unable to fetch ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-5.2.1-release/Latest/bsd-air-tools=03.tbz:
by URL

The bsd-airtools-0.3.tgz that I downloaded has a bin directory, a share directory and then 4 files. +COMMENTS, +CONTENTS +DESC +MTREE_DIRS
Is this the standard for a package? If I try a pkg_add I get a can't stat error.
Any other thoughts?
ns

NullSpin
March 3rd, 2004, 21:59
The answer was do a pkg_add -r of bsd-airtools. Looks like rev 3 is back on the drawing board.
Thanks as usual for everyones help.
ns

KrUsTy!
March 5th, 2004, 21:31
Turns out this the port was moved, but not removed. bsd-airtools is in the new net-mgmt section of the ports.

/usr/ports/net-mgmt/bsd-airtools

If a port disappears from where it was, you can check the MOVED file at the top of the ports. They list all moves and deletions in that file.

Here is the entry for bsd-airtools from the MOVED file...

net/bsd-airtools|net-mgmt/bsd-airtools|2004-02-22|new category

{K}