bumbler
April 29th, 2004, 22:07
I recently read the big review on 5.2.1 linked on lots of places (NewsForge, etc.). I was pleased with the extra tricks I had not yet heard before. What I have been looking for is a "review" in the sense of how well it works as a desktop OS. Of special interest would be peculiarities and problems. Has anybody seen such an article? (And does anyone have an extra copy on hand to mail me? No broadband here...)

I've just about finished my Linux work and am ready to re-install FreeBSD. I'll be producing a new series for clueless users based on 5.x. I plan to do at least one binary upgrade to see how it works. Hopefully, this is the last time on this machine I migrate between OSes. I now have one or more backup machines to play with (and I refuse to dual boot) -- good old servers in the 200Mhz+ range.

Bumbler

bumbler
May 1st, 2004, 14:10
Let me amend that: Does anyone have a copy of FreeBSD 5.2.1 they can mail me? Articles I can get w/o broadband. ISOs are another matter.

molotov
May 1st, 2004, 14:44
Yea, I could burn ya one if you need it (although I warn you, Im really forgetfull). Drop me a line, joe_pletch@yahoo.com