StatiK76
December 4th, 2002, 18:03
I am running postfix / pop3 (soon to be converted to imap) set up with virtual domains currently. Is there a simple 'catch all incorrectly addressed emails for ALL domains' and send to whatever mailbox? AND still have the server respond to the original sender that it is incorrectly addressed?

thx in advance for any assistance someone may provide.

StatiK76

elmore
December 4th, 2002, 19:19
Well I suppose you could do this with access lists.

Make an access list to only accept from valid domains, then setup postfix to notify you of bounces. That would be the way I'd handle it (do handle it.) You can forward on bounced message to it intended recipient. Hmmm.... You could also do away with access tables all together, setup your v domains, and setup canonical tables. I believe they will support wildcards. Might want to check on that one though, I'm not a 100% sure about it.

elmore
December 4th, 2002, 23:11
Now that I think about it i guess there's now reason you couldn;t just setup an access table for an entire domain, then use /etc/aliases to forward everything to one e-mail. You can also have postfix deliver everything sent to a domain to a holding queue. From there you could admin. A good resource that you might want to check out at your local bookstore is Richard Blum's book postfix. It covers everything, It's like the postfix bible. A definate good read for sure.