opus
January 21st, 2005, 19:56
warning: pcre map /etc/postfix/body_checks, line 48: error in regex at offset 7: unmatched parentheses

And this would be line 48:

# Listing them in the access filter will not stop them if they come from alternate mail servers.

Doesnt make sense to me.

bmw
January 21st, 2005, 20:28
What do the lines preceding and following look like? And I don't think there should be any comment lines in a regex map in Postfix. Try cleaning that file up so there are only regexes in it (no empty lines either), then see what line number you get a failure on.

opus
January 21st, 2005, 20:35
My old body_checks looks just like it. Comments and spaces.

# Note that the sites and/or domains listed here do not necessarily come from mail servers with the same domain names.
# Listing them in the access filter will not stop them if they come from alternate mail servers.
/backroomfacials/ REJECT

bmw
January 21st, 2005, 20:45
OK, sorry, I'm used to an older Postfix version. You're right -- comments, blank lines and lots of interesting things like if-statements are handled now.

Are there any lines with parentheses in the preceding lines? How about a line that has an open paren but no closing paren?

opus
January 21st, 2005, 21:17
Actually, I did get rid of all spaces and comments and it seems fine. Odd thing is that everything looked fine to me. I didnt see anything unordinary.

Thanks for the input!