Kernel_Killer
January 5th, 2003, 00:54
Well, just as it says here on the left, I'm a "Newb". I startup Infobot, everything seems to go fine. It starts to log into the irc network, and then times out. I want to say a blocked port or something, but can't seem to find anything as to what port it would be recieving anything on. All I know is it's trying to connect via the standard irc port 6667. It will actually log into the server, but then after the '*No ident response" message, it hangs. Any ideas?

v902
January 5th, 2003, 01:03
did you assign it a name for IRC?

Kernel_Killer
January 5th, 2003, 01:14
Yep. Set the infobot.config file the way it should be. At least how the site said to. Is the default location, "/usr/local/share/infobot/files/" ?

v902
January 5th, 2003, 01:20
Sorry don't use infobot but I use IRC ;). Strange says no Ident, means it doesn't have a nick for IRC...

Kernel_Killer
January 5th, 2003, 01:21
Got it. Left the "$" in front of the User, & IRC name. :P

Thanx Vladamir.

Kernel_Killer
January 5th, 2003, 01:56
Well, everything is working great now, almost. Now I can't seem to get my bot to accept me as the master.

This is how I setup the infobot.users:

UserEntry Kernel_Killer {
name "blah"; <-------user name in X-Chat
title "no"; <-------real name in X-Chat
flags +ftrmcsSop;
pass password;
mask *!blah@*.dsl.crap.bell.net;
}

For some reason when I message the password, I only get "I'm sorry", or "excuse me?". :P

v902
January 5th, 2003, 02:23
You're welcome. And it's just Vlad not Vladimir, When Russian and English names collide :shock: :D

Kernel_Killer
January 5th, 2003, 02:31
Sorry Vlad. :D

Well, I fixed that problem. My bad. Had to make the mask "*!*@*". :P

v902
January 5th, 2003, 03:47
It's alright... Wait, now what exactly did I fix? :lol: :D But I still appreciate the gratitude :lol:

Kernel_Killer
January 5th, 2003, 07:23
You helped point me in the direction of the problem. Otherwise I would be blindly making changes.

Kernel_Killer
January 5th, 2003, 08:26
This will probably seem to be a pretty ignorant question, but here it goes.....

How do I use the <reply>, and <action> tags? I've tried what I think is everything when talking to my bot.

bsdjunkie
January 5th, 2003, 12:12
be careful with the *!*@*. xxx that could allow anyone on your net to be master if they talk to it. =) Same thing with eggdrop bots, people dont read through all the configs, then they get online and are owned by someone msging it hello.. :roll:

v902
January 5th, 2003, 13:11
You helped point me in the direction of the problem. Otherwise I would be blindly making changes.

Yeah I was actually going to tell you to check out your config file but since you said you did I didn't ... :shock:
[quote]
How do I use the <reply>, and <action> tags? I've tried what I think is everything when talking to my bot.[quote]
I would look at the docs or the infobot website.

Kernel_Killer
January 5th, 2003, 19:18
be careful with the *!*@*. xxx that could allow anyone on your net to be master if they talk to it. =) Same thing with eggdrop bots, people dont read through all the configs, then they get online and are owned by someone msging it hello.. icon_rolleyes.gif

I didn't make it to where it whold thik anyone was me. The error was putting 'blah' in there. Instead of putting, "*!blah@*.dsl.crap.bell.net". I put, "*!*@*.dsl.crap.bell.net". The user name, irc name, and such still ahve to match.

Kernel_Killer
January 19th, 2003, 23:04
Well, my question still stands on the <reply> ,and <action> tag usage. Any one know how to use this? I'm sure I'm just looking at it as being more complicated than it is, but then again I don't know. :P