|MiNi0n|
January 6th, 2003, 22:44
Wow,

I have the honours (yes that's the correct spelling!!!) of the first post in the PHP section. Wow!

Anyhow, anyone recommend a PHP based helpdesk ticket entry/tracking system in the same vain as other brilliant PHP based stuff a la Postnuke, XMB, phpBB, oscommerce and so on?

I hit sourceforge but it seems mostly rinky dink with the possible exception of OneOrZero.

elmore
January 6th, 2003, 23:41
there's one a guy wrote for me a while back. I think perhaps you might of seen it, ;). He's worked on it some more at school and has it modularized.

Otherwise I think you might want to check out www.hotscripts.com
There's loads of stuff up there. BTW you can pm michael2l on the board here if you want to check my friends out.

Strog
January 6th, 2003, 23:50
Have you looked at phpgroupware?

It is very flexible and well supported. Everything is modules, headers and footers so you can craft it any way you like. They used to have a dedicated helpdesk module but it has grown into something a little larger and more flexible than it used to be.

Everyone has a different idea of what they want/need in a helpdesk. Of course your scale can have a huge impact on what would work for your needs. What in particular are you looking for in this helpdesk of yours and how big do you want it to get?

elmore
January 7th, 2003, 00:19
Is it still being developed? I looked at it about a year ago and it seemed like it was going to be a good product, but at the time dvelopment on it was completely dead. If it's picked back up that a good thing for sure.

elmore
January 7th, 2003, 01:14
try this link minion

http://www.hotscripts.com/PHP/Scripts_and_Programs/Groupware_Tools/

I saw about 10 helpdesk packages in about 2 minutes there.

Strog
January 7th, 2003, 01:35
I used it back in 2000 some. I was helping some people setup a small office with shared calendaring, task lists, etc. There was maybe 5 or 6 modules developed and maybe 3 more in the works. Now they have 50 or so apps.

It seems to be doing real well now. It did seem slow development for a while but seems to be gaining steam.

http://www.phpgroupware.org

I'd have to agree with MiNi0n about being hard to find a good helpdesk setup. It is usually expensive or really rough or both. My work (a community college) uses Trackit! from Blue Ocean and it works well for a Windows based solution. I'd love to see something as nice as this that could support more than Windows and pre-OS X Macs.