elmore
January 18th, 2003, 03:27
Just upgraded the forums to run the bright and shiny new phpBB 2.0.4 code. For those of you with connections that seem to have a problem. I am working on implemeting a precompiled templating system as a reccomendation from the php group to help dramatically improve board performance.

Kernel_Killer
January 18th, 2003, 05:12
Beatiful!!! Quick upgrade Elmore!!! Saw the site down for a bit, but then it was back up and ready to go. Great work!!

schotty
January 19th, 2003, 16:48
Ahhh, that would explain the site not working :idea:

elmore
January 21st, 2003, 01:10
Just letting everybody know that I'll be working on that template caching at some point tomorrow. The site might be up and down. I'll most likely be working on this tomorrow evening around 10:00 P.M. EST. This shouldn't take longer than an hour or so. I'll be idleing in irc during this time for you to ask on progress and to ask for testers.

Kernel_Killer
January 21st, 2003, 01:33
IRC? There's an IRC channel I'm not aware of?

elmore
January 21st, 2003, 01:40
irc.openprojects.net #screamingelectron

Kernel_Killer
January 21st, 2003, 01:44
Holy crap!! Killer!!! Right next door, and I never noticed!

I'm still not considered from ljr BTW. :D

v902
irc.openprojects.net #screamingelectron

Damn, should be on freenode, then EVERYTHING I visit would be there :).

elmore
they are one and the same

Kernel_Killer
January 21st, 2003, 01:45
Oh wait.

/me opens his eyes.

OpenProjects. Not OFTC. :P

v902
January 21st, 2003, 01:47
they are one and the same

Seriously? Hm, when I tried to connect to openproject I had ALOT of connection problems, when I connect to freenode I never have any, live and learn, IRC isn't my thing anyway, I only visit 3 channels :D.

Strog
January 21st, 2003, 02:28
I was tired of the warnings coming across about connecting to freenode.net instead of openprojects.net so I switched. I connected from work last week and it was still set to irc.openprojects.net and wouldn't resolve. A quick dig shows that irc.openprojects.net isn't in the DNS any more. Some of the leaf nodes may still be if you are connecting directly to one of them but I wouldn't count on them much longer.

Just start using the new DNS of irc.freenode.net and you should be fine.

Kernel_Killer
January 21st, 2003, 03:24
I can't even remember how long ago that whole LILO issue happened, but isn't that when OP, went to FN? I know it's been at least 5 months since the other channel I visit switched to another network thanx to the money hungry man.