Pleeb0101
June 14th, 2005, 13:32
Hello again!

I've got firefox 1.0.3,1 running on my laptop now and it tells me I can't install extensions because I don't have the latest release, which according to freeBSD.org is 1.0.4, so I ran CVSUP but it still says 1.0.3,1 in the makefile, and when I deleted the firefox directory in ports cvsup didn't even replace it (?/!) Am I missing something here? I realize I could just be abusing how cvsup should be used, but I thought that it should at LEAST go fetch the firefox entry again...
And also, would just changing the version = entry in the Makefile be enough to get it to upgrade? Tried portupgrade btw with no luck at all, it just goes through the pkg_db and then exits. (<- wild guess at what portupgrade is doing....)

Kernel_Killer
June 14th, 2005, 20:20
What tag are you using in your supfile? If you use "." you will get the latest Firefox.

Pleeb0101
June 17th, 2005, 14:48
I didn't have a tag entry at all! Added
*default tag=.
and cvsup switched to checkout mode, but still no luck, firefox is still getting skipped for som reason... :0(

Kernel_Killer
June 17th, 2005, 18:44
Is it set to 'ports-all' ? I take it you are also running it with:

cvsup -g -L 2 my.supfile

?

Pleeb0101
June 18th, 2005, 07:52
yes and yes.
I've run cvsup countless times, with and without my refuse file (just blocks all the unecesary language versions of everything.)

Pleeb0101
June 19th, 2005, 14:30
Hmm... Does anyone know another forum where I could ask about this? Can't use portupgrade either since it complains that there's no directory in ports for firefox, I'd really like to get this worked out

Kernel_Killer
June 19th, 2005, 15:26
So /usr/ports/www/firefox doesn't even exist? If it does, what does distinfo show?

Did you try going to the FreeBSD FTP server and downloading the tgz file, and using pkg_add to install it?

Here's the supfile that I use, and you might give it a try:

*default host=cvsup4.FreeBSD.org
*default base=/var/db
*default prefix=/usr
*default release=cvs tag=.
*default delete use-rel-suffix
*default compress
ports-all

Of course you could always just use "ports-www" since it's only one port you're really worried about.

Pleeb0101
June 20th, 2005, 04:24
Nope, it doesn't exist.
My supfile looks just like yours with the exception of the host.
Downloaded the package from the FTP server and tried pkg_add and got r00t[/root/]97%# pkg_add firefox
pkg_add: can't stat package file 'firefox'

and portupgrade gives this:

r00t[/root/]97%# portupgrade firefox
** Port directory not found: www/firefox
** Listing the failed packages (*:skipped / !:failed)
! www/firefox (firefox-1.0.3,1) (port directory error)
---> Packages processed: 0 done, 0 ignored, 0 skipped and 1 failed

Pleeb0101
July 1st, 2005, 06:21
Gaah! Talk about fundamentally missing the point! >:0(
I went to www.freebsd.org/ports and grabbed firefox.tar.gz and assumed (I'm not really sure WHY) that this was the package version. When I got my head out of my @$$ and realized it was the ports directory for firefox, I put it in place and *poof* make goes and gets the newest version and starts just fine. Still mystified by cvsup's mal-behavior, but at least firefox is fresh!

Thanks for all the above points and help!