elmore
November 2nd, 2005, 16:50
Following a long tedious move and DNS change we're back online!

We've upgraded all hardware and have begun implementation of new services. Sorry for the extra time it's taken. I'll go on and apologize in advance, for what will wind up being several more, brief outages over the next couple of weeks as there's still much to be done!

Kernel_Killer
November 4th, 2005, 15:29
Hurray!! Great quick move Elmore! Glad to see this back up.

bmw
November 4th, 2005, 21:29
W00t! And you were quite lucky that not much happened while you were out. Just three major *BSD releases, but other than that it was very quiet. ;-)

(BTW: page refresh seems erratic. Sometimes I have to refresh a couple of times just to get a page to render. Still working out kinks?)

elmore
November 5th, 2005, 00:23
W00t! And you were quite lucky that not much happened while you were out. Just three major *BSD releases, but other than that it was very quiet. ;-)

(BTW: page refresh seems erratic. Sometimes I have to refresh a couple of times just to get a page to render. Still working out kinks?)

Heh, release time is the best time to upgrade.

Kinks... What kinks... There are so many kinks right now it's hard to know where to start.

The particular problem you mention is squid. Two squid boxes sit behind the HA firewall pair running in httpd-accelerator mode. Lots and lots to tune there.