cheetahman
July 28th, 2006, 16:03
The screen becomes white with little lines and becomes faded when its removed it returns to normal this also sometimes happen to SUSE

Its the 8762 nividia driver and the graphics card is the Nividia Geforce2Go 16MB

Kernel_Killer
July 28th, 2006, 16:41
What is the OS that you are using? Sounds like a hardware issue more than a software issue, but due to lack of information. Is this happening in X or also the console? Are you using the NVidia drivers? If this is Linux specific, you might check a Linux forum, but we will try to help you the best that we can.

bmw
July 29th, 2006, 13:08
Perhaps the sync rates you are using are incorrect? Make sure you choose a combo where the vertical sync is 60Hz.

Amicus
August 10th, 2006, 20:28
I have the same or a similar issue on a Dell Inspiron with OpenBSD 3.9, GeForce2Go. Only happens when I enter X. Console looks fine, startx, xwindows looks fine...then when I exit X or go to another virtual terminal, it looks like the vert sync is screwy. I've tried different combos of xorg.conf settings for VertSync. I'll post the relevant parts of dmesg and xorg.conf to see if anyone notices anything dumb that I've done :silly:

Amicus
December 30th, 2006, 12:24
Finally posted (http://www.screamingelectron.org/forum/showthread.php?p=14449#post14449) the xorg.conf that I'm using. It's OpenBSD4.0 that I'm using now so it's in the appropriate BSD section.

cheetahman, did you ever solve this issue?