maps
October 7th, 2006, 14:50
Hello all,

I wonder if someone could help me with the following:

I installed synce-kde from the ports, but I found that I need syncekonnector for full functionality of syncing to my pocketpc. So, I downloaded the source (probably linux) and tried to configure it. It gave me

"configure: error: Can't find synce library"

I have already installed the port for the synce library. Obviously, I need to link the library somehow, but I am still too new to figure out how.

Any assistance will be appriciated.

Maps

molotov
October 7th, 2006, 22:24
perhaps man ldconfig, specifically the -m option. However, it would help if you would produce more information about your probem. Version numbers and exact error messages would be great.

Kernel_Killer
October 8th, 2006, 03:44
Since you are using source, you might want to see if synce is in the ports. If you can via the ports, simply add the lib path to configure to point to the synce library. ./configure --help will give you the correct flag to add to the command.

I see a lot of people trying to do this, but experiencing a lot of crashes after manually installing the konnector.

maps
October 9th, 2006, 20:16
Thank you for your replies.

By the way, just to give you a little bit of background, I am trying to leave Windows behind. But unfortunately, working with Windows means you have many Windows compatible devices and the transition is not so easy.

Kernel_Killer, I installed synce-kde from the ports, which in-turn installed all the dependant programs (except konnector). There is synce-libsynce in the ports (which was installed), but how do I determine where it was installed?

I typed "./configure --help" and saw that it has a flag to point to the library. So, I guess once I figure out (more likely, someone tells me) where the library is, I should be ok.

Thank you,

Maps

jsb_bsd
October 9th, 2006, 22:44
sorry, I typed the below only seeing the first post in this thread...
still relevant I hope

cd /usr/ports/palm/sycne-kde
make run-depends-list
[check that all results are in /var/db/pkg, i.e. installed],
alternately, or THEN,
portmanager palm/synce-kde
(be sure /portmanager/ is installed first)

maps
October 13th, 2006, 19:41
Hello everyone,

I am still without a resolution.

Can someone tell me how to determine the location of the synce library so I can tell configure where the library is?

Thank you in advance!

Kernel_Killer
October 13th, 2006, 20:09
See if this helps (http://www.cs.umd.edu/~isis/synce/)

jsb_bsd
October 13th, 2006, 23:05
cat (or less or) /var/db/pkg/synce-kde-(somenumber)/+CONTENTS
should show what that port installed