Dougal
September 7th, 2008, 03:57
Hi guys,

I'm trying to get PKG_ADD to use scp to my server at home to grab package files but I've hit a stumbling block. I don't use ssh account with passwords, they are ssk key only.. I can't seem to find a way to pass the key details to PKG_ADD. Even the "-i" interactive mode doesn't give me any options.

Is this possible?

Thanks

Strog
September 9th, 2008, 14:45
I finally got a chance to test this with a OpenBSD 4.3 client and a FreeBSD 7.0 "server". I'm assuming that this is OpenBSD since your recent questions are OpenBSD 4.3, right?

1. I created a new user on the Free box, verified keys were enabled in sshd_config and downloaded a few packages to that user's home dir.

2. I generated a new key on the Open box and copied the public key over to the Free box.

3. On the Open box, I set PKG_PATH to scp://user@Free/home/user/ and then did a pkg_add -v zsh (I knew I didn't have it and it doesn't have a ton of deps ;)).

This worked fine without a pass phrase on the key so I set a pass phrase and tried again. It stops and asks for the pass phrase on the key and then continues to install the package.

I would verify that your keys are working with a ssh -v to see the dialog manually before I went on to the pkg_add part of this. Then I'd double check your PKG_PATH to make sure it's still set by the user that's invoking pkg_add (echo $PKG_PATH and verify there's a trailing / ). Lastly, make sure the packages are actually in that path on the remote end of this.

Let us know if you get it going or need some more ideas. 8)