schotty
March 4th, 2003, 20:44
Hey yo!

I wiped RedHat and went with FreeBSD 4.6.2 and have a few q's, but this is the main one ::

How the hell do I mount an ext2/ext3 partition? I cant seem to figure out how FreeBSD hadles ide names. I think its ad3s0. but that dont work when using "

mount -ext2fs /dev/ad3s0 /mnt/data

Thanks much!

|MiNi0n|
March 5th, 2003, 15:03
mount -ext2fs /dev/ad3s0 /mnt/data

try mount_ext2fs /dev/ad3s0 /mnt/data

The tricky part is correctly identifying the correct slice to mount... meaning the number after the s in ad3sX.

schotty
March 5th, 2003, 20:34
Thanks! Last night was a nightmare and I slapped SuSE on it (all that I had laying around) so I could actually use my computer. Running the cvsup to get the new ports fucked my box up bad, and unlike OpenBSD, there is no tarball for it on their ftp. But I will keep that command handy and give it a shot next time I go into the foray (when I get DSL).

Part of my problem was, I got my friend to let me use his cable modem, and I tried from 1300 to 2230 to get this thing operational beyond crap graphics and shit performance. Not to mention zero access to anything of use (try modifying OO.org files in CLI mode ;D ) After lots of cursing, not enough beer, I had to throw in the towel.