Kernel_Killer
March 29th, 2003, 17:29
Not sure if this is even in the ports and packages, but I wanted to know about it's compatibility b4 I installed 1.6 on the Mac and gave it all the drive space (except the space for OS9). Has anyone had good experiences with MOL on NetBSD? Bad? Any?

soup4you2
March 29th, 2003, 18:53
nope havent tried it.... i played w/ yellow dog when it first came out but havent really been playing w/ the macs lately

Strog
March 31st, 2003, 10:36
Last info I had, MOL on NetBSD was a work in progress and not running. Is it up and runnning now?

MOL is definitely the killer app to keep Linux on my Mac. I'd definitely go with NetBSD if MOL is up and running well on it.

Kernel_Killer
April 6th, 2003, 15:48
Well, now that I have time, I'll let you know soon if it works. :P

Strog
April 7th, 2003, 09:38
I was playing with NetBSD on my imac this weekend. I started out trying to net-boot it. I could get the bootloader(ofwboot.xcf) up fine but it wouldn't find the kernel. I finally decided to download the bootable iso and go from there.

I wiped the hard drive during the install and probably will have to start over now. It's a little bit of work but I'm having fun. Just need some more time.

Let me know if you get MOL running. I'd love to try it out on NetBSD. It worked great with linux on this machine.

Plagued
May 16th, 2003, 21:40
Sorry for the semantic purism here, but should it techincally be called Mac On BSD if it is running in NetBSD? :twisted:

Kernel_Killer
May 16th, 2003, 22:05
Well, if someone would make such a thing, then it would be called Mac-on-BSD. Since the only software that does anything like that is called "Mac-on-Linux", I guess we'll have to live with it.
:?