elmore
April 19th, 2003, 18:11
Wow what a week and a half. Sorry for the downtime everyone, we had some hardware failure on the box SE ran on. We got the hardware fixed and got a new server or two boot! We also took some time to make a more robust and fault tolerant environment, plus we're are still working on speeding everything up even more. This process is going to take some more time but in the end we'll have something that everyone can be proud to be a part of.

I'll post up some details about what happend and what we did to fix it a little later. Everything is as it was when the site went down. There should be no post losses or user account losses. if you are here on IP the site might act a little funny antil the DNS changes have replicated around. Please bear with us, we are trying!

Welcome back, I know I've been going through some withdrawls.

I'd also like to particularly thank my wife Anna for putting up with me through this. There have been many restless/sleepless/angry nights over the past week and a half, including our wedding anniversary. Through all of my mood swings in this ordeal she has been extremely patient and supportive.

Id also like to thank everyone who helped out, offerred to help, thought about helping, and those that actually helped. There's still plenty of work that needs to be done so if you offerred and I haven't called on you yet I still very well may.

Thanks again for your support.

frisco
April 19th, 2003, 18:26
Whoo-Hoo!

Good to have SE back; thanks for all the hard work elmore.

KrUsTy!
April 19th, 2003, 19:01
Great to have it back. Practically didn't know what to do with myself when I was online half the time.

Thanks for all the hard work elmore. There is no reason that you have to do any of it, and yet you do. Thats what makes you and this board so great.

Hopefully everyone comes back fully rested and ready to play....

{K}

revolution
April 19th, 2003, 19:06
glad to have it back http://www.codenewbie.com/forum/images/smilies/headbanger.gif

Strog
April 20th, 2003, 00:08
Congrats elmore and a big shout out to Mrs. elmore too.

Now I have a decent place to post my incoherrent ramblings again. :wink:

Strog
April 20th, 2003, 00:18
Just an FYI.

I can fly around the forum now. I don't know what was causing the 30-60 second delay everytime I clicked when logged in but it is gone now. If you thought I posted too much being throttled, then just look out now. :twisted:

I don't know if anyone else was experienced this phenomenon. I wouldn't have put up with it if there wasn't a lot of good posts here and some good guys.

Very glad to see it back up.

elmore
April 20th, 2003, 00:23
It's only going to get faster from here strog. I now have an east and a west line coming into the colo, plus SE is running on a dedicated box now, with no other vdomains. Which probably are the biggest two reasons it was slow for you. Wait until the bridge goes in next week running a forward mode proxy and altq to boot. :shock:

It's going to be blazing! Like I said I still have a lot of work to do!

socomm
April 20th, 2003, 16:56
Great to have SE back again had some problems earlier but seems as if it is all straightened out now keep up the great work elmore :)

soup4you2
April 21st, 2003, 11:07
Good to see you back online...

elmore
April 22nd, 2003, 01:37
So are the forums working pretty good for everyone? They seem to be working ok for me. Anyone having speed issues. I know a few people like strog and possibly vlad902 were having some speed issues before. The site should be reasonably quick for everyone now.

Strog
April 22nd, 2003, 01:41
I'm still smoking along and picking up speed on the posting. :wink:

I don't care what it was before because it rocks now.

cod3fr3ak
April 22nd, 2003, 09:07
Great to see ya back Elmore

v902
April 22nd, 2003, 20:04
I can't test the problem right now though, I dumped galeon for phoenix and I think it went, all it was was it disconnected when I pressed "submit" so sometimes I double posted because I got so pissed I started clicking that button like shit =)

v902
April 22nd, 2003, 20:05
Oh, and what are some of the things you said you needed to do? I am sure some of us wouldn't mind, I wouldn't :) (Of course the grounded thing is a prob but I can get over it =))

soup4you2
April 22nd, 2003, 22:07
you still need to redirect your index page...

just in case you forgot

elmore
April 22nd, 2003, 23:00
index page redirects for me just fine.

schotty
April 23rd, 2003, 13:36
Yeah, I dont remember what my RH8 box had for my bookmark, but the main page doesnt properly forward me, and I have to click your link instead. Minor propblem though.

soup4you2
April 23rd, 2003, 16:00
index page redirects for me just fine.

seems ok now.. it's probbibly squid not updating...

Kernel_Killer
April 23rd, 2003, 17:06
Ok. I got my fix. Now I can stop shaking. Please don't let this happen again Elmore. I was going through some serious withdrawl. :D

jedaffra
April 24th, 2003, 13:39
It's only going to get faster from here strog. I now have an east and a west line coming into the colo, plus SE is running on a dedicated box now, with no other vdomains. Which probably are the biggest two reasons it was slow for you. Wait until the bridge goes in next week running a forward mode proxy and altq to boot. :shock:

It's going to be blazing! Like I said I still have a lot of work to do!

Sounds Awesome!!! Great to have you back elmore :)