elmore
June 12th, 2003, 01:12
The Screaming Electron forums turn 1 year old today. To mark the occasion we've released a new theme. For today only everyone's theme is overridden. We're also working on getting a file attachment mod in place and a couple of new how-to's are do out soon. I also have one other surprise but its not quite ready as of yet. You'll just have to wait on that.

Thanks to everyone who has come and supported us over the last year, without the community this site would not be possible. I personally can't wait to see what happens over the next year.

Thanks Again for a great first year! :D

Strog
June 12th, 2003, 02:59
Interesting new theme.

Great work to everyone who has contributed. It's made it a place I want to visit.

Congrats on one year elmore.

soup4you2
June 12th, 2003, 09:08
nice theme.......

if your in the mood for modding can i suggest the php code mod? it adds color to the code to make it easier on the eyes...... takes a whopping 2 minuites to install

SolarfluX
June 12th, 2003, 09:47
Congrats, elmore... I like the new theme, looks very professional and clean. Although it does make your logo a bit hard to read... Might I suggest using a smaller logo to remove much of the whitespace at the top of the page?

Thanks also for hosting the PF forum. We need to get more traffic in there for sure.

I'll be posting another announcement to DaemonNews in the next day or two. I had to get my account there fixed, as it wouldn't let me do anything. Then I'll post to a few other sites; BSDToday next week , then BSDvault and /. on July 1st. Hopefully, after I post to DaemonNews, the others will pick up on it and I won't have to submit anything to them...

socomm
June 12th, 2003, 11:55
Congrats to elmore and everyone else who's been here from the begining.

bsdjunkie
June 12th, 2003, 13:25
Whoot! Congrats!!! :borg:

hugh nicks
June 12th, 2003, 16:27
cheers elmore. good work, as always.

cod3fr3ak
June 12th, 2003, 17:04
Happy Birthday E!

bsdjunkie
June 12th, 2003, 18:25
Ok, i expect to see everyone on IRC tonite with Beer to celebrate!! :P

And PBR dont count, were talking real beer. 8)

elmore
June 12th, 2003, 19:09
well.... What if it's a 24 oz. PBR

You heard me right a 24 oz. PBR big boy!

revolution
June 12th, 2003, 20:26
not sure about the PBR, but congrats on the milestone elmore :D

frisco
June 12th, 2003, 23:35
Congrats on all your efforts, elmore. You put a lot of work and feeling into se and it shows.

elmore
June 13th, 2003, 01:03
Hey thanks for the great comments everyone, I appreciate it, we've worked hard to make SE a place where eveyone can feel comfortable.

BTW everyone can change their theme back to whatever they were using before. Sorry about overriding everyone's theme but, I removed two themes and didn't want to leave anyone out in the cold, even though I was fairly certain they weren't in use by anyone.

The next year should hold some great surprises for us.

The last Birthday surprise I have is Free Stickers. I currently have stickers being printed out with the SE logo on them, all you need to do is send me a self-addressed stamped envelope. PM me for my address.