soup4you2
June 12th, 2003, 11:21
Just thought i would share this... i've been working on a nice webmail system for my domain.. And it works great... then more people i know decided they wanted an account... i said sure no problem.. but i got a request for a ability to snag hotmail and yahoo mail in the manner that fetchmail works...

So the search begain... gotmail in your ports tree DOES NOT WORK!... just a heads up. m$ keeps changing their login page and borks it up ever couple months..

so i did a quick key search in the ports directory and came up with hotwayd verry nice little app.. it makes a HTTPMail Gateway on your box so you can use tell whatever app your using to use pop on the localhost... works great and not much config needed to set it up...

now that i have hotmail able to be snagged i need to figure out a way for yahoo...

elmore
June 12th, 2003, 11:57
So what webmail package are you using? Or are you writing your own? I'm using Horde here, works great and is probably the most mature webmail client available IMHO. www.horde.org

soup4you2
June 12th, 2003, 13:07
using squirrelmail.. i like it because i can customize the hell out of it... i've never happy w/ default looks of things... i like to tear them apart and give them the look and feel they desirve...