|MiNi0n|
July 3rd, 2003, 09:53
:P

Have a look here (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=582&ncid=582&e=1&u=/nm/20030703/wr_nm/tech_hacking_contest_dc)

Wonder what OpenBSD fetches for points, 10?

" To prevent being victimized they should consider, if feasible, disconnecting their Web sites from the Internet" --> Uhhhhhh.... right :D

v902
July 3rd, 2003, 11:30
Yeah, I was looking at that yesterday, if that contest even goes through it will be because all the media coverage on it, and most of the people will be just s' kiddies. Probably just alot of IIS defacements and some old SSH exploit scans is what I'm betting, truly, I'm gonna be running Snort and logging packets, just for the hell of it :)

soup4you2
July 3rd, 2003, 12:51
i've always got snort fired up and running... but i will take a couple extra measures... funny this kinda thing has been going on for awhile now and now that the media finds out all of a sudden it's the worlds greatest horror....

lol...

fuck the media their slow in getting their news.

|MiNi0n|
July 3rd, 2003, 12:53
gee, i just hope our man elmore gets home in time that he can take down SE... I fear it getting r00ted :roll:

KrUsTy!
July 3rd, 2003, 13:12
"To prevent being victimized they should consider, if feasible, disconnecting their Web sites from the Internet"

Yup, guess the internet as we know it is done, might as well turn it all off. All cause the "hackers" said they will do something bad, which was stated on some webpage, that was put up by someone, somewhere... I love when "experts" make statements like that in the media, its so over the top its ridiculous.

The Simpsons had it right as far as the media...

Kent Brockman: So, would you say its now time for people to panic, and generally run amok?
On air "Expert": Yes I would Kent!

:roll:

{K}