Kodo
August 3rd, 2003, 20:39
I cannot get the mouse to work..
I select ps/2 port Intellimouse type and every time I move it in the test it works like a charm, but when I load the KDE, it moves to the top left and just jiggles.
Any ideas?

Strog
August 3rd, 2003, 21:48
I have the following setup for my PS/2 Microsoft Intellimouse. You could drop the ZAxisMapping and change the number of buttons if you don't have a wheel mouse. This works flawlessly in console and X. It's nice to have wheel mouse support in X so easily and cut and paste in the console.

[code:1:ac968b3fe0]
/etc/rc.conf

moused_enable="YES"[/code:1:ac968b3fe0]

[code:1:ac968b3fe0]
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XF86Config

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Mouse0"
Driver "mouse"
Option "Protocol" "auto"
Option "Device" "/dev/sysmouse"
Option "Buttons" "5"
Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection[/code:1:ac968b3fe0]

p-chan
August 4th, 2003, 00:49
I had a similar problem. I don't know my way around the xf86conf file and just used the ncurses based utility in sysinstall. Anyway I had selected mousesystems as the mouse device which was causing the problem. I believe there is a little popup in the mouse configuration that implies that eithe mousesystem or sysmouse will work. Changing it to sysmouse fixed it for me.

andy

Kodo
August 4th, 2003, 01:41
I have the following setup for my PS/2 Microsoft Intellimouse. You could drop the ZAxisMapping and change the number of buttons if you don't have a wheel mouse. This works flawlessly in console and X. It's nice to have wheel mouse support in X so easily and cut and paste in the console.

[code:1:4a2e6fc636]
/etc/rc.conf

moused_enable="YES"[/code:1:4a2e6fc636]

[code:1:4a2e6fc636]
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XF86Config

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Mouse0"
Driver "mouse"
Option "Protocol" "auto"
Option "Device" "/dev/sysmouse"
Option "Buttons" "5"
Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection[/code:1:4a2e6fc636]

Thanks,
I'll give it a whirl tomorrow ;)

Tried sysmouse and I had the same result.

Kernel_Killer
August 4th, 2003, 02:03
For mine, I use PS/2 and Auto (Instead of Intellimouse) for the daemon is 'sysinstall'. For X, I use Auto, and /dev/sysmouse. If I use MouseSystems in X, or Intellimouse for the daemon, it does exactly what yours is doing. Usually it was from the daemon though. Test it before enabling, and it should work out.

Kodo
August 4th, 2003, 12:02
For mine, I use PS/2 and Auto (Instead of Intellimouse) for the daemon is 'sysinstall'. For X, I use Auto, and /dev/sysmouse. If I use MouseSystems in X, or Intellimouse for the daemon, it does exactly what yours is doing. Usually it was from the daemon though. Test it before enabling, and it should work out.

so I have to set this up in two different spots? :?:

Strog
August 4th, 2003, 12:38
I just do what I showed you for mine. It works perfectly in console and X with wheel support. Give it a try that way first. No need to make it more complicated than you have to. :roll:

Kodo
August 5th, 2003, 21:25
heh.. I got the mouse fixed by selecting auto in every option that auto was available and making sure that enable 3 mouse emu was disabled..

but um.. now the KDE won't load ;)
ideas on that?

Ok, I did a make deinstall on kde3 and rebooted and then did a make install clean and tried to startx KDE and all I get is a grey background with my cursor which is a black X.