SolarfluX
August 3rd, 2003, 23:48
https://solarflux.org/pf/pf+altq-fbsd51.php

Still have to get my own cbq stuff working, I borrowed from schubert's pf.conf to fill in the queueing stuff.

mas_raka
August 28th, 2003, 07:37
i have print the tutorial and try to install that on 5.1 but i still get confuse like:

# (cd ../include; tar Bpcf - .)|tar Bpxf -
what is that mean ? redirection

# cp ./net/if_var.h /usr/include/net
# cp ./netinet/ip.h /usr/include/netinet

whereis the files? , am i miss something because i don't do # (cd ../include; tar Bpcf - .)|tar Bpxf -

thanks,

soup4you2
August 28th, 2003, 09:44
Verry nice SX i appriciate the work you put into it.....

SolarfluX
August 31st, 2003, 01:41
(cd ../include; tar Bpcf - .)|tar Bpxf -

It's a quicker way to copy all files from ../include to the current dir. Hint: you need to type it exactly as shown (with parentheses) or it won't work.

cp ./net/if_var.h /usr/include/net

...means copy if_var.h from the net subdir to /usr/include/net/; if you're following the tutorial step-by-step you shouldn't have any problems.

Maybe I should just use absolute paths instead of relative ones from now on.

SolarfluX
August 31st, 2003, 01:42
Verry nice SX i appriciate the work you put into it.....Thx, S4U2!

8)

elmore
August 31st, 2003, 01:44
yeah solar it is nice though I'd expect nothing less from you as that's what we've come to expect.

SolarfluX
August 31st, 2003, 01:52
=)

There's always room for improvement... I finally had someone recently go through it and debug it. As you can imagine, I was pissed that it had some erroneous info, but then I wrote it after I got mine working, so I was trying to piece it together from 20 pages of notes...

In other news, I passed Solaris System Administrator Exam I on Friday, which is why I haven't been around as of late. Now it's onto studying for Exam II which I hope to take within 2 weeks. If only there was a BSD certification...

v902
August 31st, 2003, 02:27
*BSD ceritification == Getting everything working, in OpenBSD -current, running send mail, with a monkey that's knows your root password, and testing out personal kernel hacks written in part binary and assembly, if you can get that stuff working that's all the certs you need :lol:

On a more serious note now.... *BSD obviously doesn't have certs as it's not mainstream, hell probably more then 40 percent of all web servers online run Solaris. And while around 15 percent do run Linux that's not a big enough majority to warrant it a decent Cert (I've heard L+ is crap, Most CompTIA tests are...), so I doubt that until the time Linux gets a decent cert, *BSD will be waaay behind...

SolarfluX
August 31st, 2003, 03:12
I had planned on getting this cert a few years back (before I moved to BSD):
SAIR Linux and GNU Certification (http://www.linuxcertification.org)

The dumbasses have their links pointing to linuxcertification.com instead of .org, pretty funny...

I doubt there ever will be a BSD certification...

v902
August 31st, 2003, 12:38
Plus, what good would *BSD certs do? So you have another cert, the bosses ahve no idea what the hell it does (or do they know what on the certs do? :D) and it's not getting you anywhere, I'd just rather study for the hell of knowing of the OS, it'll get you farther (</opinion>)

Former Member
August 31st, 2003, 13:43
you'll find that any piece of paper that says you're a genius will greatly help you. Also, the people that need to know about these qualifications, WILL know about them :)

SolarfluX
August 31st, 2003, 21:11
Ok, I strayed off-topic, so I created a new thread on the certification issue:

The Value of Certifications? (http://screamingelectron.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=5247#5247)

mas_raka
September 1st, 2003, 04:17
thanks, installation done .

i have try few pf.conf from solarflux repository,

but i have few question :

i have 2 webserver, is there any trick to show proper webserver , just not redirect it by port (80).

bejita# pfctl -e -f /etc/pf.conf
pfctl: fopen(/etc/pf.os): No such file or directory
pfctl: pf already enabled

i see "pfctl: fopen(/etc/pf.os): ", is that correct ?