v902
August 6th, 2003, 01:09
I don't see the point of having a PHP and a Programming forum as both of them get low traffic and it would be more efficent [sic] and better organized to have just a programming forum...

The New Forums form isn't being used but except those posts go in the Feedback forum so I don't see the point of that....

${BSD_FLAVOR}BSD General Conf and Kernel conf should _possible_ merged into a Configuration forum...

Agreement/arguments?

elmore
August 6th, 2003, 01:49
I don't see the point of having a PHP and a Programming forum as both of them get low traffic and it would be more efficent [sic] and better organized to have just a programming forum...

That's a real god point vlad, these forums should be combined.

The New Forums form isn't being used but except those posts go in the Feedback forum so I don't see the point of that....

yet another very good point these forums should be combined.

${BSD_FLAVOR}BSD General Conf and Kernel conf should _possible_ merged into a Configuration forum...

Don't know if I agree with this one except for they could be better moderated and cleaned up.

I'll work on these things this week. We got some polishing that could/should be done, I have been lazy about it and should get off my ass. Thanks for the kick! :)

v902
August 6th, 2003, 02:00
[quote:e4e21857ac="Vlad902"]I don't see the point of having a PHP and a Programming forum as both of them get low traffic and it would be more efficent [sic] and better organized to have just a programming forum...

That's a real god point vlad, these forums should be combined.[/quote:e4e21857ac]

Freudian slips like these make my day worth it :D Glad to be of help

[quote:e4e21857ac="Vlad902"]The New Forums form isn't being used but except those posts go in the Feedback forum so I don't see the point of that....

yet another very good point these forums should be combined.[/quote:e4e21857ac]

Again, glad to be of help... :)

[quote:e4e21857ac="Vlad902"]${BSD_FLAVOR}BSD General Conf and Kernel conf should _possible_ merged into a Configuration forum...

Don't know if I agree with this one except for they could be better moderated and cleaned up.

I'll work on these things this week. We got some polishing that could/should be done, I have been lazy about it and should get off my ass. Thanks for the kick! :)[/quote:e4e21857ac]

Yeah, this was the more controversional one which is why I put it at the bottom, I also had some ideas on 2-3 other forums, gotta brain storm a little more though to see if any solutions work like I want, I'm a big fan of small amount of forums with everything clean and tidy :) The sig should say it all :twisted:

elmore
August 6th, 2003, 02:15
Yeah, this was the more controversional one which is why I put it at the bottom, I also had some ideas on 2-3 other forums, gotta brain storm a little more though to see if any solutions work like I want, I'm a big fan of small amount of forums with everything clean and tidy :) The sig should say it all :twisted:

The sig is awesome. I'm always interested in feedback, it's what makes and will make this site stand out from the others. Don't be afraid of my feelings I'm a big boy, and I can take it. They were all good suggestions and I look forward to hearing more of them from you and everyone else.

bsdjunkie
August 6th, 2003, 11:07
I think we brought this up b4 as well, but I think the IDS quiz challenge forum should be a General IDS one. :D

v902
August 6th, 2003, 12:06
Yes I believe we discussed that on IRC...