soup4you2
August 14th, 2003, 19:14
Ok i seem to be at a loss on this one.. and it's DRIVING ME NUTZZZZZ

so if nothing else save my sanity here...

i've got hord a nice webmail client and using mysql to store information in.. now everything is setup properly.. and works... however i keep getting:

[code:1:ef77385cb8]
A fatal error has occurred:

DB Error: connect failed

[line 65 of /var/www/horde/kronolith/lib/Driver/sql.php]

Details have been logged for the administrator.
[/code:1:ef77385cb8]

this error is completely random... what seems to be happening is if i watch the mysql logs i see entries... but horde is only doing them about 1/2 the time.. the other half i get this error...

has anybody experienced anything like this?

i've looked around google and all it seems to say is people who have it not setup their databases right... well mine is working... but randomly decides to take a crap on me..

some parts i moved over to ldap and it seems great.. nice and speedy.. however some parts dont support a ldap driver

elmore
August 14th, 2003, 19:51
is the mysql db on the same machine?

soup4you2
August 14th, 2003, 21:01
Yes. mysql is also binded to the localhost

nothing else seems to have problems doing this..

i've also tried unbinding mysql and that didnt help either.. about 1/4 of the queries only make it

elmore
August 14th, 2003, 21:09
hrmmm, have you looked at the db script that comes with horde? Did you alter it?

have you dmped the data in the db and then dropped the db and recreated it from the script?

soup4you2
August 14th, 2003, 21:33
the db is perfectly fine..

i've dumped it checked values and tables..

the problem is that these are not even reaching mysql.. the php script just seems to skip wanting to send these packets out.. no connection attempts to mysql when this happens..

at first i thought it was that the imap server was timing out for idling reasons so i installed a imap proxy server to keep the connection alive, which didnt help.

i've set it up verry basic minimal configuration and didnt help.

perhaps i would add in the code that if this failure happens to return to the previous function but hell if i know how to do that..

but anyways i've been drinking and i'm rambling again.. but it truely appears as if hord is making no attempt to connect to mysql.. either that or mysql is ignoring horde because it's too active w/ other things on the website or something.. is there a way to increase a amount of child processes for mysql.. although mysql is dynamic..

here is a clip outta the hord log.. though it does it with all the plugins randomly

[code:1:3e36fea7e2]
Aug 14 20:05:01 HORDE [emergency] [kronolith] DB Error: connect failed: mysql, localhost, *******, ********, ********, kronolith_events [on line 65 of "/********/*****8/*******/horde/kronolith/lib/Driver/sql.php"]
[/code:1:3e36fea7e2]

i would show you the mysql log entries for that particular event but there are none... it's not comming to mysql

|MiNi0n|
August 15th, 2003, 11:23
Did you had the correct startup information in rc.conf?

You have to add some funky things for the libs which I'm unable to check for you right now cuz of this damn power outage!

soup4you2
August 15th, 2003, 14:19
Did you had the correct startup information in rc.conf?

You have to add some funky things for the libs which I'm unable to check for you right now cuz of this damn power outage!

you mean

shlib_dirs="/usr/local/lib/mysql"

yes..

if we cant figure out mysql i tried doing the ldap way.. but i seem to have issues there too

i made a directory:

[code:1:956ef9c1c3]
dn: dc=bsdhound, dc=com
objectClass: top
objectClass: dcObject
objectClass: organization
dc: BSDHound
o: BSDHound Web Services

dn: cn=Manager, dc=bsdhound, dc=com
objectClass: organizationalRole
cn: Manager

dn: ou=people, dc=bsdhound, dc=com
objectClass: organizationalUnit
ou: people

dn: uid=soup4you2, ou=people, dc=bsdhound, dc=com
objectClass: person
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
objectClass: hordePerson
uid: soup4you2
cn: soup4you2
sn: soup4you2
[/code:1:956ef9c1c3]

and the horde config i have:

[code:1:956ef9c1c3]
$conf['prefs']['driver'] = 'ldap';

$conf['prefs']['driver'] = 'ldap';
$conf['prefs']['params']['hostspec'] = 'localhost';
$conf['prefs']['params']['port'] = '389';
$conf['prefs']['params']['basedn'] = 'ou=people,dc=bsdhound,dc=com';
$conf['prefs']['params']['uid'] = 'uid';

$conf['prefs']['params']['rootdn'] = 'cn=Manager,dc=bsdhound,dc=com';
$conf['prefs']['params']['username'] = '..........';
$conf['prefs']['params']['password'] = '.........';
[/code:1:956ef9c1c3]

but no go there either
i get the errors

Warning: LDAP: Unable to perform the search: Can't contact LDAP server in /var/www/horde/lib/Prefs/ldap.php on line 292

Warning: LDAP: Unable to perform the search: Can't contact LDAP server in /var/www/horde/lib/Prefs/ldap.php on line 292

so nomatter what way i do it i'm jacked... unless i set preferences to session or none.. i've gotten turba to work fine w/ ldap.. whats hords big problem....

soup4you2
August 15th, 2003, 16:22
well i'll be dammed i finally got it working w/ ldap..

just a note to the wise.. if you set it up using ldap your going to get some error messages until some sort of preference is set...

a good working schema is:

[code:1:7adc6b0a08]
dn: dc=$DOMAIN, dc=com
objectClass: domain
domainComponent: $DOMAIN

dn: ou=users, dc=$DOMAIN, dc=com
objectClass: organizationalUnit
ou: users

dn: uid=$USERNAME, ou=users, dc=$DOMAIN, dc=com
objectClass: person
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
objectClass: hordePerson
cn: $USER
sn: $USER
uid: $USER
mail: $EMAIL
description: Admin user 1
[/code:1:7adc6b0a08]

just replace the $foo with the apropriate values...

elmore
August 15th, 2003, 16:24
wel.... I', glad you got it working with ldap but it still doesn't explain the mysql problem. I'd like to get to the bottom of that.

soup4you2
August 15th, 2003, 16:26
i'd like to get that figured out too... it's really really odd