p-chan
September 10th, 2003, 13:50
For some reason my 3com etherlinkIII pccard doesn't pick up a dhcp address when the system boots and it is inserted. Pccardd recognizes the card, initializes it, and it loads dhclient. The interface comes up but it never gets an address. If I insert the card after the system is booted everything works as it should. I don't run dhcp on my wireless and the system isn't configured to work with my linksys card so I'm not sure if this problem is only with the 3com card or what.

andy

elmore
September 10th, 2003, 15:54
Have you checked /etc/defaults/pccard.conf to make sure there are no irq conflicts? I assume your also starting the pccard services in /etc/rc.conf.

In the old days when I had pccards on FreeBSD laptops I typically had to edit the pccard.conf file to assign appropriate adress ranges and irq's though I haven't loaded a freebsd laptop in a while. At least one that needed a pccard.

p-chan
September 10th, 2003, 16:43
The pccardd side of it seems to be working. All I have to do to get an ip is restart dhclient. I'm getting tired of doing that though and would like it to grab the address the first time like its supposed to. Everything will work find when I plug the card in after the laptop has finished booting. I'll plug in the card and it will come up and grab an address just as its supposed to.

andy