tarballed
September 24th, 2003, 16:15
I know bmw has used smtpstone test tools for postfix and im working on installing these tools on my machine so I can benchmark my system...

Only problem is, im having trouble actually buidling these tools to use...

I found the directory, but cant seem to throw the correct commands to build it..

Anyone have any ideas?

BTW, im using the spampd proxy daemon for our setup and it looks like it will work very nicely...im excited to test it out.

Tarballed

bmw
September 24th, 2003, 21:21
I know bmw has used smtpstone test tools for postfix and im working on installing these tools on my machine so I can benchmark my system...

Only problem is, im having trouble actually buidling these tools to use...

I found the directory, but cant seem to throw the correct commands to build it..

Tarballed, are you using the FreeBSD port of Postfix? If so, what you need to do is cd to /usr/ports/mail/postfix, make clean; make then when the menu appears, select the test tools. When the smoke clears, you can manually copy smtp-source & smtp-sink from postfix/bin to /usr/local/bin .

If you are building it the old-fashioned way, cd into postfix/src/smtpstone and say make all .

That should do it! eShout if you are stymied ...

tarballed
September 25th, 2003, 17:43
Thanks bmw...looks like that may have done the trick.

Any suggestions on how to use those tools so I can benchmark them?

I've very curious to see how the system performs.

One thing I roughly figured is that, most email sent and received through my clients is local, about 70% worth...

But i was curious about using the postfix tools...

Any suggestions?